- Gtk+-2.6.2 or newer
- FAM or Gamin both works with GBrowser
For this install you can forget all those ./configure, make and make install commands. Instead we're going to use SCons, an alternative build tool.
- scons #compiles gbrowser, if no errors were set you should have working binary at gbrowser directory called gbrowser
- scons install #installs binary into /usr/local/bin and other needed stuff into /usr/local/share/gbrowser. Need to be root
- scons -c install #uninstall. Need to be root
So the default installation directory is /usr/local, but everyone doesn't want to use it. What should we do then?
For this we can use prefix option. Let's say we want to install gbrowser into /usr for example.
- scons prefix=/usr #compiles gbrowser, this time with support for /usr installation
- scons prefix=/usr install #installs gbrowser into /usr, we need to use prefix here also. Need to be root
- scons -c prefix=/usr install #uninstall gbrowser from /usr, Need to be root